You know those commercials where they tell you how great a medication is and than list the 900 or more side effects that could happen to you including DEATH! Well here is my story...After a very fun weekend at Womens Confrence I can home really not feeling well only to find out I had a kidney infection and UTI.So as he should the Dr. prescribed a strong antibiotic,while at the pharmacy the Pharmacist mentions that it is a strong one and that usually it is only prescribed for 7 days but I am getting it for 10.(Now picture this I don't feel good, I have a fever, church starts in less than an hour and whether I take it for 7 days or 10 makes no difference to me until he says this"oh yeah let me high light some serious side effects you need to watch out for."
#1 you shouldn't work out to much you could tear or destroy tendons in your joints while on this medication ,you could get a yeast infection so eat yogurt it might help prevent that (did I mention I can't eat yogurt)but here is the crazy part he follows the eat yogurt part with DO NOT TAKE WITH DAIRY yogurt milk cheese etc...)and than to top it all off he high lights these: I could develop:Seizures,Paranoia,Tremors,Confusion,Nightmares,Stop sleeping and other central nervous system disorders.There is also a chance my throat could swell and I could die. In which case I should stop taking the medicine and call my DR. Now my question is if I am dead don't I automatically stop taking the medication,and as far as I know there are NO phones on the other side.
Now this is where my sense of humor started to build with in me,but I was to tired to smile or laugh all I could say was you sound like one of those commercials. I could tell the pharmacist was trying not to laugh,and than the thought gowing through my brain escaped my mouth" So your telling me that I won't have an infection anymore but...I could possibly blow out a tendon get a yeast infection and DIE. He started to laugh.That's about right he said.
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

14 comments:
Maria THATS AWESOME I cant believe you listened to all that without laughing...Please dont injure yourself or die though we would miss you very much!!
Are you kidding me? I would never take the medication if I was told all that. Especially if someone said, "Take yogurt- but Don't take yogurt 'cause then you'll die" Or whatever it was. What the heck? I am SO SORRY. Sounds horrible. I assume you're feeling better or you wouldn't have had the energy to write all this. I'm glad your throat didn't swell and make you die. We all want you around :) Feel better.
ummm this is your concious calling "dr i am dead but i no longer have a uti or bladder infection so i guess it worked"
LOL
That's hilarious!! And the best part is, I can totally see this happening to you, and can hear you saying all that, hahaha! Yeah, I hope you're all better now, and definitely DON'T die!
That's hilarious!! And the best part is, I can totally see this happening to you, and can hear you saying all that, hahaha! Yeah, I hope you're all better now, and definitely DON'T die!
That's hilarious!! And the best part is, I can totally see this happening to you, and can hear you saying all that, hahaha! Yeah, I hope you're all better now, and definitely DON'T die!
That's hilarious!! And the best part is, I can totally see this happening to you, and can hear you saying all that, hahaha! Yeah, I hope you're all better now, and definitely DON'T die!
Oh my gosh, how many times did I comment?? I don't know what the heck's up with my computer, but BAM! there ya go... So instead of deleting all of them, here's my explanation. Or non-explanation, since I don't know what happened.
Oh my gosh, how many times did I comment?? I don't know what the heck's up with my computer, but BAM! there ya go... So instead of deleting all of them, here's my explanation. Or non-explanation, since I don't know what happened.
Oh my gosh, how many times did I comment?? I don't know what the heck's up with my computer, but BAM! there ya go... So instead of deleting all of them, here's my explanation. Or non-explanation, since I don't know what happened.
That is hilarious! I could totally picture the whole conversation. I am assuming you did not experience any of the side effects then? I hope not...they sound worse than the infection. :)
honestly, sometimes I wonder if it would be better not to take these crazy drugs... I mean really? It's going to solve one thing ... maybe but the rest of your body gets jacked up.
Post a Comment